Life is not straightforward or a straight line.
Everyone gets a bit stuck at times. Everyone hits a challenge that knocks them back and makes them unsure about how to move forward. And coaching can help.
You might be:
- Taking on a new challenge and seeking some support to help you do it well.
- Feeling stuck in a role and unsure how to move on.
- Returning to work after a break and finding it difficult to re-establish yourself .
- Overwhelmed by responsibilities inside and/or outside of work.
- Having a clash of style with someone at work and searching for a way to work through it.
We have helped people in all of these situations, and more. And we can help you.
It is tempting to think that the challenges that we face are due to the circumstances around us. The people we interact with, the responsibilities we are given or the situations we face. But those things are not always within our control.
So, we believe that it is important to look inside, at the thoughts and feelings that naturally come up and our reactions to those, that shape our choices of how to be in the world.
We believe that it is our reactions that keep us stuck or knocked off track.
- We become less present. We’re so busy listening to the voice in our head that tells us we’re not good enough, that we don’t pay attention to the opportunities or choices that present themselves.
- We start to struggle. We try to avoid, solve or just get rid of the thoughts or feelings that makes us feel uncomfortable.
- And we become disengaged. We get stuck in unhelpful habits and lose touch with what matters to us.
Our approach is to work with you on the things that you can control. Your reactions to your thoughts and feelings, and the choices that you make as a result.
We draw on a model of psychological flexibility from a branch of psychology called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Our coaching will focus on helping you to:
- Be aware – of the here and now, of yourself and what is going on around you.
- Be open – make room for your thoughts and feelings and not let them push you about.
- Be engaged – know what is important and make active choices that align to that.
Our Coaching Offer
A free, no commitment, 30min “chemistry” call to find the right coach for you.
Book 90min coaching calls in blocks or on an ad-hoc basis to suit your needs
Alison has helped me to find ME again, literally. After two maternity leaves and an utter loss of sense of self, she has helped to restore my confidence and belief in who I am and what I can do.
At work I had burnt out. Alison helped me discover what was important to me, what I valued and what was weighing me down. I really love that Alison took a holistic view with her approach and allowed me the space to talk freely and openly.
Liz has an empathetic style where I felt heard and understood. She was able to give me space and time to reflect while understanding my dilemma and the disconnect I was feeling. Liz asked pertinent questions, they weren’t always comfortable to think about or answer, but often got to the heart of the matter and challenged my thinking. I feel very grateful for the coaching sessions we had and Liz has helped me enormously during this time in my life.
The coaching I had with Liz helped me to recognise and process my emotional reactions as well as exploring the right decision for me. This was a period of deep self-reflection, with Liz providing valuable feedback and provocative questions that got me to a place where I was accepting of the change, excited about the potential opportunities and clear and confident in my decision making.